Friday, January 25, 2008

The Poetry Unit has Come to an End

This week we have been writing poems and everyone's Poem Packet is due on Monday. Next week in Reading we will start reading The Cay, and in Language Arts we will began writing persuasive essays.

More Poems by our 7th Graders:

"Piano Songs"
The First strike of the solid keys
Are like music to my ears,
Different crescendos and dynamics
Bring the music to life,
It can go fast, medium, or slow,
Be piano or metzo forte,
The music makes me feel like I'm
In a different place or setting,
At times I feel serene,
And others angry and frustrated,
But happy for what I can do
On that wonderful, magical instrument.


"Today"
Today's the day,
To go the distance.
To reach for the stars.
To follow my dreams.
To find what I've been looking for.
To answer MY questions.
To travel my thoughts.
Today's the day,
To be me.